Hi,
After I filed this issue: Add way to control the split position of
region<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3879>I thought more
throughly on that subject.

What do you think of add partitioning capability to HBase?

What do I mean by partitioning? - an option to state where the regions are
split.

This is a standard capability of databases and can be use for various
things:

   - Load balancing - I can split overloaded read/write region into two or
   more regions.
   - Retention - (say data sorted by time) I can delete old regions.

Anther feature I think can be useful is region delete.
It good especially to delete large amount of data that sorted together (e.g.
delete old rows if the key has date)

What do you think?
Is that a good/useful features?

Thanks,