This feature is used in production at Taobao (China's EBay). You can find
related description about cluster size, etc on the Jira.

My understanding for hbase-4120 is that we are making the code conform to
Apache hbase standard.

There is related change for web UI, etc.
Without clear feedback from Apache hbase, it is somehow difficult for the
contributor to pursue further development.

Regards