 From: Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: Hadoop1 support in 0.98/1.0

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:57 AM, Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hadoop-2.2 which is the first GA release of Hadoop, was released in October
> 2013. It is not enough time passed to drop support I feel.

This makes a lot of sense for 0.94. That is our (un)official (?)
long-term-stable release.

The 0.96 "singularity" was released around the same time as Hadoop 2.2,
certainly our 0.98 was, and since the stability of the stack is the sum of
its parts for those releases I'm not sure what Hadoop 1 offers besides the
burden of legacy interfaces and lower performance.

   - Andy

(via Tom White)