On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org> wrote:

> We have a 'release' Maven profile. Right now it just runs Apache RAT. I
> wonder if some kind of hairy Maven-foo can reattach site into the right
> place if this profile is enabled. RAT is pretty quick, and Javadoc is going
> to dominate build time anyhow, so should be ok for Bigtop packaging. The
> question is if it's possible. My Maven is weak. Anyone have any idea?

Seems like site is a lifecycle of its own apart from the maven 'default'
lifecycle:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
Getting the site lifecycle to run inside a goal of the 'default'
lifecycle
could be tough (I'm no expert).  We make use of the pre-site building
docbook.
St.Ack