Michael,

As you know, we have implemented security features with coprocessors
precisely because they can be interposed on internal actions to make
authoritative decisions in-process. Coprocessors are a way to have
composable internal extensions. They don't have and probably never will
have magic fairy security dust. We do trust the security coprocessor code
because it was developed by the project. That is not the same thing as
saying you can have 'security' and execute arbitrary user code in-process
as a coprocessor. Just want to clear that up for you.

> will want to allow system coprocessors but then write a coprocessor that
reject user coprocessors.

That's a reasonable point.

   - Andy

(via Tom White)