Andrew,

I suggest that you go back and re-read Kevin O’Dell’s comment.
Clearly there’s no straw man here.

I thought your response was a joke, but apparently you’re serious about that.

Again, when you allow user code to run in the same JVM as the RS, you add risk.
Issues with stability and security need to be addressed.
You post an earlier Jira where even you see this as an issue.  (That’s the
biggest irony.)

If you and the other committers can’t recognize this as an issue… then there is
a more serious problem that needs to be addressed.