The 0.98 RC is on hold. There are some test instabilities that would
prevent a successful release qualification. See HBASE-12843, HBASE-12846,
and HBASE-12847. HBASE-12843 was resolved but I'm watching for
reoccurrance. The others may be related (need to dig in more on 12846).
They are all broadly master / assignment manager issues.

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org> wrote:

> Short dev period due to the holidays, but let's keep the release cadence
> more or less on track. Please let me know if you have any concerns.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy

> (via Tom White)