You’re going to need to set up a trust in Kerberos. Either single way trust or
two way trust.
YMMV.

Its not as simple as just setting up an SSL although you can set up an SSL to
encrypt the traffic between clusters, however the clusters themselves are not
secured.

HTH

> On Mar 12, 2015, at 4:39 PM, Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodio...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Jerry. I think webdfs is preferable as since it is natively
> supported by hdfs (name node and data nodes) and traffic does not pass
> single gateway?
>
> Found this link how to set up webdfs over ssl:
> http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.7/bk_Security_Guide/content/ch_wire-webhdfs-mr-yarn.html
>
> Cool. If works :).
>
> -Vlad
>

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Jerry He <jerry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Vladimir
>>
>> Hope I understand your question correctly.
>> If both local cluster and remote cluster are Kerberos enabled,
>> ExportSnapshot from local to remote will work as long as both
>> clusters' Kerberos
>> have been set up in a way that they understand each other.
>> If the remote cluster's httpfs/webhdfs port is protected by https security,
>> after you set up the certificate on the client side, you will be able to
>> talk to the remote port with SSL protection.
>>
>> Jerry

>>> which
>>>
>>> What if remote cluster has security enabled? Will it work?
>>>
>>> -Vlad

>>> copy,
>>> the
>>> which

>> copy

>>> destination.
>>>>>

>> http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cdh4/v4-3-1/CDH4-Security-Guide/cdh4sg_topic_14_2.html

>>> datacenter,
>>> second
>>> my
>>> snapshot
>>> distcp?

The opinions expressed here are mine, while they may reflect a cognitive
thought, that is purely accidental.
Use at your own risk.
Michael Segel
michael_segel (AT) hotmail.com