Hi Devs,

I plan to create branch-1.1 on Thursday, sometime in the waking hours of
PST. Please consider this your 48-hour-ish notice. In the mean time I'll be
familiarizing myself with Jenkins and setting up the relevant builds. Once
that bit is in order, I'll create the branch and send a followup
notification. Stabilization of the branch will then commence. Shortly
thereafter I'll ask to insert myself as a gatekeeper of new commits to
branch-1.1.

So basically, open season closes in 48 hours ;)

Thanks a lot for your help in making this another great release for our
esteemed project.

Yours,
-n