My mistake Jerry, you're correct. My pre-coffee brain was thinking that by
upgrading Hadoop we'd promote the version of Jackson under us. This is not
the case because we have an explicit dependency (though maybe maven is
promoting this for us for the builds anyway?)

Point is, we have issues that need attention before the release. I'm glad
to see I have your attention ;)