On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Elliott Clark <ecl...@apache.org> wrote:

> Is 2.7.1 going to have that not for production tag or was that tag just
> because of the issues found late in the cycle that are now fixed?
>

>From reading from hadoop lists, I'm not sure. Including the non-production
tag seemed to be a compromise position to get 2.7.0 out the door. The cycle
covered so much ground that I'm not sure when it got decided. The
discussion also got them onto figuring out what their general policy on
production / non-production will be. When they come to a decision it'll be
good to revisit and see what it means for us.

At least some of the Hadoopers are in agreement that 2.7.1 should be
labeled production ready. No one was opposed to the matter, but there were
some noticeable gaps in assenting voices[1].

It's supposed to be soon, so we'll see I guess?

[1]:
http://markmail.org/thread/zwzze6cqqgwq4rmw#query:+page:1+mid:u6pihxyy36pzz52e+state:results

--
Sean