In case folks aren't following over on HBASE-13339, I ran our fancy compat
checking script with small changes [0] against the candidate Hadoop
versions. You can investigate the resulting report [1] in more detail, but
it looks like the big-ticket binary compatibility changes are related to
classes and methods marked Evolving or Unstable. Outstanding issues
(HADOOP-11708, HDFS-8270) aside, I think we should be able to make this
update for a minor release. Our compatibility guide has a 'Y' in the
"Dependency compatibility" row under "Minor", and this should be satisfied
by the above report.

[0]: http://people.apache.org/~ndimiduk/check_compat_hadoop.patch
[1]:
http://people.apache.org/~ndimiduk/release-2.5.1_release-2.6.0_compat_report.html