Another point of clarification, sorry, I hit the send button too early it
seems: I don't believe MOB is fully integrated yet, for example the feature
is an extension to store that lacks support for encryption (this would
technically be a feature regression); and HBCK. I have not been following
MOB too closely so could be mistaken. These issues do not preclude a merge
of MOB into trunk, but do preclude a merge back of MOB from trunk to
branch-1. I would veto the latter until such shortcomings in the
implementation that could be described as regressions are addressed. I
would also like to see a performance analysis of a range of workloads
before and after in as much detail as can be mustered, and would be happy
to volunteer to help out with that.

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
wrote:

> I was also thinking about RMing for 1.2 as we try and bring something post
> 1.0 into production at my employer.
>
> Related, of the list of features proposed I would strongly prefer MOB not
> be included.
>

> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks!
>>
>> I'd like to volunteer to RM HBase 1.2 and aim for RCs starting in July.
>>
>> Here's an initial list of things I want to get out:
>>
>> * MOB
>>
>> * native crc
>>
>> * incremental improvements for procedure v2
>>
>> * adding Java 8 as supported
>>

>> Anything else folks want to see called out?
>>
>> --
>> Sean
>>

> --
> Best regards,