A similar question, that based on current status if a new user would like
to contribute to our project, how could we make him/her able to assign a
JIRA to him/herself? It seems they can't do this w/o corresponding
authority.

To be more specified, for HBASE-16287, the creator (Yu Sun<
sunyu1...@sina.com>) is my workmate and I'd like to ask him to resolve the
JIRA. Any suggestion on how to achieve this? Many thanks.

(P.S. please kindly forgive me if any other thread already talked about
this...)

Best Regards,
Yu