Thanks Stack for reviving this.

How to move forward here? The Pv2 master is almost done. An ITBLL bakeoff
> of new Pv2 based assign vs a Master that exclusively hosts hbase:meta?

I think we have to evaluate whether the new pv2 master works with remote
meta
updates and the fact that those updates can fail partially or succeed
without the
client getting the reply, etc. Sorry it has been some time I've looked at
the design.
Actually what would be very good is to have a design overview / write up of
the pv2
in its current / final form so that we can evaluate. Last time I've looked
there was no
detailed design doc at all.