Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your comments.
FN v2 happened due to the same reasons you mention. We believe v2 is complete
based on our experience using and operating it in production since early 2016.
We have a design doc @ umbrella jira HBASE-15531 and have responded to all
questions we had so far. More eyes will always help.
-Thiruvel

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 7:13:08 AM PST, Andrew Purtell
<andrew.purt...@gmail.com> wrote:Favored nodes version 1 did not see much
adoption and was hard to use or unusable, depending on who you ask, so please
expect a focus on usability and feature completeness when/if v2 is reviewed for
possible inclusion in 2.0. While I am not suggesting this is the case, if the
v2 candidate shares the feature incompleteness or usability problems of its
predecessor it should not go in.