Thanks Stack. I expect starting merges for 1.3.1 in next coming weeks, I
think there's a dozen or so patches waiting for review
and backport, and the more large-scale testing we can get the better.

Thanks for testing that kerberized setup Jerry. Looking at the patch
though, I imagine older HBase releases should
also suffer from it, if they run on 2.5.1 Hadoop? Also as was noted in the
jira, people were able to reproduce this
on recent builds of JDK 1.7, so it's not 1.8 specific.

We do strive to support older Hadoop releases and should be able to run on
2.5.1 as such, but this bug in Hadoop Common
have been resolved year and a half ago and people running production
kerberized clusters should have upgraded Hadoop
to deal with such issues.

I think it might worth separate thread to discuss how to deal with it,
should we just say that we support 2.5.1 but recommend something later,
or should we say that we recommend newer versions for security setups, or
should we just make broad claim that we support 2.5.1 but
in certain deployments users will be subject to bugs in underlying
dependencies. What do you think?

-Mikhail

--
Thanks,