+1 (non-binding)

* sigs/xsums are good
* Can build from source
* No unexpected binaries in source tarball
* apache-rat:check passes on source tarball
* Can run locally from bin tarball

Nick Dimiduk wrote:
I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.9 (HBase-1.1.
9RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.9RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1163

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory https://people.
apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc

There's also a signed tag for this release at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=commit;h=0d1feabed5295495ed2257d31fab9e6553e8a9d7

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.8 has been
published for your review, at
http://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.8_1.1.9RC0_compat_report.html

HBase 1.1.9 is the ninth patch release in the HBase 1.1 line, continuing on
the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and NoSQL
communities. This release includes nearly 20 bug fixes since the 1.1.8
release. Notable correctness fixes include HBASE-17238,
HBASE-17587, HBASE-17275, and HBASE-17265.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12338734
  and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Sunday, 2017-02-26 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
1.1.9.

Thanks,
Nick