Hi HBase folks,

Just wanted to advise you of some build size issues we noticed on the jenkins
master. It looks like over a span of about 2 weeks, the hbase builds are using
a very large amount of storage in the retained builds directory:

79G        PreCommit-HBASE-Build
72G        HBase-1.3-JDK8
68G        HBase-1.3-JDK7
60G        HBase-1.2-JDK7t
59G        HBase-1.2-JDK8
51G        HBase-1.2-IT
36G        HBase Website Link Ckecker

Each stored build appears to use on the average of 600-1.1GB of disk space, and
there are over 200 builds in two weeks for PreCommit-HBASE-Build alone. Some
are much smaller (1-8MB.)

We are running a bit low on storage on the jenkins master, so anything you
could help us do to reduce the footprint here would be appreciated.

I’ve already discussed this a bit with Sean Busbey on Hipchat, he asked me to
follow up here.

Thanks,

-Chris
ASF Infra