I published a current copy of the book -- check out the new chapter on the feature to start [1]. Then, to walk through using the feature, I'd take a look at this comment[2] which has a little script to create some tables/quotas and tries to step you a (contrived) example workflow.

LMK if you have more specific questions. Happy to answer directly or point you to the code to let you answer it yourself :)

[1] https://people.apache.org/~elserj/hbase/quotas/book.html#space-quotas
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-16961?focusedCommentId=15941163&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15941163

Stack wrote:
Sounds like an excellent idea to me. If I were to take a tour over the
quotas feature, how would you direct my perambulations Josh?
Thanks,
St.Ack