I'll try to review beyond page two of the diffs soon Josh, for specific
code issues (if any). So far I've only seen the one, which you called out,
about a potential bottleneck executing admin actions if wanting to apply a
lot of changes at once.

In terms of high level design and the ops model, I'd be good with a merge.

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Josh Elser <els...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Just an update: Andrew P provided some great feedback which I've finally
> > got all merged into the feature branch [1][2][3]. Many thanks again -- it
> > was some really nice feedback.
> >
> > @Stack: do you have review/thoughts pending?
> >

> I'm on something else Josh. Nice you got feedback elsewhere.
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
>

> > Anyone else maybe thinking in the back of their head, but haven't said
> > anything yet?
> >
> > I would like to keep pushing on this, but I also don't want to call a
> > premature vote to merge.
> >
> > - Josh
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-17977
> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-17978
> > [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-17981
> >

> > Josh Elser wrote:
> >
> >> I published a current copy of the book -- check out the new chapter on
> >> the feature to start [1]. Then, to walk through using the feature, I'd
> >> take a look at this comment[2] which has a little script to create some
> >> tables/quotas and tries to step you a (contrived) example workflow.
> >>
> >> LMK if you have more specific questions. Happy to answer directly or
> >> point you to the code to let you answer it yourself :)
> >>
> >> [1] https://people.apache.org/~elserj/hbase/quotas/book.html#
> space-quotas
> >> [2]
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-16961?focusedCom
> >> mentId=15941163&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.
> >> issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15941163

> feature

> pretty

   - Andy

If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
Teller (via Peter Watts)