On 6/7/17 1:17 AM, Stack wrote:
Lets start in on the hardening of hbase-2.0.0. All features are in though
in need of test and polish. There are tasks outstanding around migration
from hbase-1 to hbase-2 and narratives to tell our users around timeout,
etc. We still need to update dependencies, revamp defaults, etc., but the
hbase-2.0.0 countdown has started in earnest.

I intend to cut an alpha in the next day or so just so folks can start
kicking the tires even though we are a good ways from beta [1].

To be clear, we are done w/ 'features' for hbase-2.0.0. Bug fixes and
polish only please from here on out. If you have a borderline item or an
item you just can't do w/o, lets discuss.

Yay, progress! Thanks for pushing, S.

I just set the version on master branch to be 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

I was just thinking about this one this morning: would master become 2.1.0 or 3.0.0?

I'd guess that the intent is to put more emphasis on the "x" instead of the "y" and "z" (for a version string "x.y.z")? We all on board with that plan too, for better or for worse? :)