On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > FYI, I've updated the precommit build to use Yetus 0.4.0 (which is the
> > current release).
> >
> > Shouldn't impact much. if things look off ping me.
> >

> Thanks Sean.
>
> Whats new in 0.4.0?

This change was spurred by YETUS-520, which EOL's versions earlier than
0.4.0.

Couple of things that changed:

* test-patch got better about handling pylint (which rarely impacts us, but
will help the effort to adopt a pylintrc for our dev-support stuff.)
* docker cleanup got more robust (I think we've been sheltered from this
because Hadoop's been running a more up-to-date version of Yetus more
frequently than us on asf infra)
* test-patch's whitespace plugin can configured to ignore some files (but I
can't think of any we'd care to so whitelist)
* test-patch's nightly mode got a new email format that's not so verbose (I
believe I'm the only one getting these emails, maybe the new format will be
worth sending to the notification list)

Here's the notes:

http://yetus.apache.org/documentation/0.4.0/RELEASENOTES/