Alpha4 aims to freeze the CP related API, not the public API. We break
everything for CP so we need to push out a stable(I hope) version to let CP
users learn how to implement their project on top of the new APIs.

For public API we have rules on how to keep compatible so I think it is
less hurt for users, beta1 is fine.