(This one has been sitting on my mind while doing some non-computer-y things this evening; admittedly, in an attempt to NOT think about it. Go figure. Let me add to Vlad's previous)

I want to say I still respect that it's the RM's prerogative to be the hammer on what makes a release and what doesn't. I don't want to undermine that.

I know we are saying "Bug fixes ONLY" for beta-1, I'm pretty sure we already have some stuff ear-marked to do that doesn't meet that bar. Is writing a test and collecting docs (as Vlad suggests) worthwhile to try to do? In other words, if it's not de-stabilizing the rest of the code and not holding up beta-1, will a request to add said docs+test be accepted to avoid a revert from 2.0.0?

If the 4-5 weeks original estimated is possible, we'd need to get something in place in more like 3-4 weeks. Again, a question of how strict we are going to be as we get closer and closer.