>>I've not done in-depth research so could be wrong about backup, but from
my
>>perch, I've seen the recent filings against backup, HBASE-19104-19109,
>>which strike me as pretty basic missing facility. The new issues go
without
>>comment (caveat a single question). I've seen no evidence of extensive
test
>>(scale?). The last issue I looked at has backup putting up two system
>>tables with presumptions about assignment order we do not (as yet)
support.
>>I've always had trouble eliciting state of the feature; summary of
>>capability and what is to do are hard to come by.

1. HBASE-19104 - 19109

None of them are basic, Stack. These requests came from SF after discussion
we had with them recently
No single comments is because I was out of country last week.

2. Backup tables are not system ones, they belong to a separate namespace -
"backup"

3. We make no assumptions on assignment order of these tables.

As for real scale testing and documentation , we still have time before
2.0GA.  Can't be blocker IMO