Thank Umesh for giving it a run.

Did you start the hbase2 over an hbase1 dataset. I've seen the exception
you note when I've done this. The startup keeps going over this exception,
right? (IIRC, its a complaint reading a file written w/ hbase1... We fail
to read in the bloom filter which is not the end-of-the-world).

On the replication failures, you can reproduce reliably?

Thanks,
St.Ack