Yep, I totally understand what the problem is and respect how we got ourselves here. 20185 is on my list to review today.

Thanks for taking it up, Appy.

On 3/13/18 7:41 AM, Apekshit Sharma wrote:

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Apekshit Sharma <a...@cloudera.com> wrote:

exactly what Duo said.

Trying something....

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:44 AM, 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I think the problem is that, in MasterRpcService.execProcedure, we do not
know the type of the Procedure so it is not possible for us to require
different permissions for them.

Please open an issue for this, maybe we need to push down the permission
check for execProcedure/execProcedureWithRet down to a place where we
know
the actual type of the procedure.

Thanks.

Thanks to Ted for digging down to find HBASE-19400 as the cause of this
one.

@Appy, curious on whether my initial assessment was correct on how we
got
here. Would like to know if this was a conscious decision on your part
for
flushes :)