On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 8:53 AM Mike Drob <md...@apache.org> wrote:

> Devs,
>
> It's been almost 3 months since 2.1.0 was released (Jul 19) and we have 150
> commits on branch-2.1 in that time. What do folks think of getting a
> release going? I know that there's been some discussion around the HBCK2
> stuff landing, but I feel like the conversation has gotten a bit lost
> without an actual release to relate to.

Sounds good. I was under the delusion that I was going to help push 2.1.1
out but I went off to work on hbck2 and its been taking a while figuring
what would comprise a first cut at server-side support for a useable hbck2.
I was thinking that 2.1.1 would have our first cut of APIs for a useable
HBCK2.

This project has been coming along with distractions as I run into fun,
dirty bugs in branch-2.1.

> There are 18 issues open or in progress currently. Only one is labelled
> blocker, and five more are critical -- let's evaluate these and the rest to
> figure out what we need for a release to happen. I went ahead and created a
> 2.1.2 version in Jira so that we have somewhere to move issues that aren't
> getting done soon.
>
> Meanwhile, I think we also need to look at test stabilization -- there's 15
> tests on the dashboard that might need attention.

Thanks for doing the above. This is work that needs to be done regardless.