On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 8:19 AM Mike Drob <md...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing me to that discussion, Duo. I've updated HBASE-19121 to
> have fix version 2.1.1 and 2.0.3 so that it is easier (at least for me) to
> find via Jira.

I was thinking HBASE-19121 more an umbrella to hang hbck2 stuff off. Would
suggest we unschedule 2.1.1/2.0.3 as target.

> I'll start looking at the hbck2 patches and will leave comments there.
>
> There are a lot of subtasks against that issue, it is unclear to me which
> ones are critical and which ones are not for a release.

They usually have a target fix but let me give them another pass. Not all
have to land in 2.1.1/2.0.3.

Since hbck2 tool is in a different repo, have we thought about what the
> release actions would look like? Do we need to have two votes going at the
> same time? Can we release core repo with an hbck service in master, but
> release the hbck tool sometime later? This first release is going to be
> more complex I think; would be good if somebody can figure that out in
> parallel so we're not blocked on it later.

Yeah, the point of hbck2 being a separate repo was so they could have
different release cadences. It would be good if the first hbck2 release
happened around 2.1.1 release time. I can work on this part.