Oh, wait a minute. IIRC we have a consensus to use the jira page as release
note instead of committing a file to the repo? The problem is that,
sometimes we just missed something in CHANGES.md or RELEASENOTES.md, no
actually code change, but since we have committed these files to our git
repo, we have to sink the RC and generate a new one.

IIRC for making the two alpha releases for 3.0.0, I have already started to
link the jira page instead of CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTES.md. Maybe we
could just remove these steps from the create release scripts? But maybe
for branch-2.4 we still need to use these steps...

Thanks.

Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com> 于2022年6月2日周四 22:56写道: