Thanks Bryan. That does help explain things. I have been looking at
https://github.com/netty/netty/security/advisories/GHSA-xpw8-rcwv-8f8p and
have been trying to determine if hbase is vulnerable to this attack vector
or not. I got excited when I saw 4.1.100.Final in 2.5.7 but it sounds like
that excitement was misplaced :)

Dan