On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 19:45 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> NOTICE looks OK. I was a bit concerned about the packaged
> dependencies, but none of them have additional comments
> we'd need to add to our own notice.
>
> The httpmime JAR does not include LICENSE and NOTICE.
> httpclient and httpcore both have it.

Corrected. Both resources will be included in the JAR.

> The version for commons-logging is 1.1.1. That's OK from
> a packaging point of view, since that is the latest.

Roland, I simply do not know of a way of forcing Maven to pick the
latest API compatible version of an artifact at the package time. In the
README file version 1.0.3 is stated as the minimal requirement. I hope
that is okay with you.

>  From
> an API point of view, we should use and specify 1.0.4, the
> API also provided by slf4j. I'm not sure which version of
> commons-logging is provided by PAX logging.
> I thought I had checked the commons-logging version in
> the pom.xml a few months ago and found it to be 1.0.4.
> Do you update that for the releases?

Sometimes. I never upgraded HttpClient from version 1.0.3 to version
1.1, in spite the fact version 1.1 had fixed lots of bugs, simply
because 1.1 had a completely insane dependency metadata in POM. Version
1.1.1 had addressed the problem and I felt it was safe to upgrade.

Folks,

I hear no other complaints I'll proceed with building the official
release artifacts.

Oleg