--- "Asankha C. Perera" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Synapse uses Apache Axiom to parse XML data on
> demand. I think this is
> slightly different from what you are trying to
> achieve.. ?

Well, Axiom is a tree model (incrementally built one),
and uses regular blocking streaming parsers. That is,
it doesn't really parse anything itself but delegates
to a parser.
But as long as Axiom could itself operate in
non-blocking way (which may require some changes, I am
not familiar enough with Axiom to know), it could use
a non-blocking parser.
This might not be super-hard, if Axiom can use SAX
parsers too (in addition to default Stax ones),
because that already does inversion-of-control (tree
builder has to decompose sequence from events).

-+ Tatu +-