Hi Tuomas
Firstly, a general design question. Why would you want to use NIO on the
client side in the first place, especially for a performance testing
tool?
I want to use NIO because we need huge number of concurrent users and
therefore I see NIO as most performing way to achieve this. We need over
1000 concurrent connections per test machine to server and by using
NIO-extension and few threads for IOReactor dispatching we can achieve
this without threading overhead that would be caused by creating separate
threads for each connection and for what I have tested now, it seems to
perform pretty well.
Have you looked at : https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/contrib/src/main/java/org/apache/http/contrib/benchmark

I've used it many times for load testing the Synapse and other ESB's and it handles load quite well

cheers
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera