Am 2014-12-01 um 11:46 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
Folks

There has been no bug reports / change requests for the 4.4 branch of
HttpCore for some while. I see no good reasons to delay 4.4 GA release
any longer given that new development efforts have moved to trunk (5.0).

Are there any objections to releasing HttpCore 4.4 GA soon?

I also would like to release HttpClient 4.4 (be it GA or BETA2 can still
be discussed) in January.

@michaelo

Michael, do you think mid January target release date is realistic?

Hi,

sorry for the late response, I was quite busy fixing/merging issues with some Maven plugins I'd like to roll this month.

Mid Jan looks good actually, though I like to emphasize on three things or want, at least, mention them and hear your opinion guys:

0. I need to clarify a few things about how stuff is implemented/works in HttpClient and will do this with a seperate mail.

1. Since I am going to rewrite a lot of stuff, I would prefer people to test that first in a beta before we/you announce that GA.

2. Though, I have already discussed some stuff privately with Oleg, I'd like to completely rename the Windows-named classes to SSPI.., which reflects the implementation behind, just like GSS... As far as I can see, this API is very new in 4.4 and a rename shouldn't cause too much harm. This would break ABI though. If anyone of you is concerned about that I can of course deprecate those classes only (in the module).

Michael