Am 2017-05-16 um 09:22 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
So, I woke up this morning, took a look at my mail box and found two
wonderful commit messages on top of the 4.4.x release branch saying
'oh, forgot this' and 'ah, forgot that' immediately after a dev branch
merge.

Shit like that will happen over and over again because people tend to
forget things and tend to make mistakes all the time.

We were talking against the wall. It is pretty much useless :( History repeats. There are even forced updates...that's so disappointing!

I will be vehemently against (to a point of using my -1 as a veto if
needed) any policy that stops RMs from squashing such commits within a
defined period of time.

When I see this history, I'd always give the RM the right/vote to clean up the crap -- but again, this is a waste of your precious time. Really sad about it. There is a huge lack of selforganization. I tend to do double-reviews these days -- even solving an issue takes three days longer. So what?

Michael