In the attached HttpCore 5.0 server program (gist
<https://gist.github.com/rhashimoto/584d270dc6d00b97c01ffbc6ee5e8e6c>), I'm
using Conscrypt for the TLS provider. It works, but I noticed that after
each request the CPU gets pegged to 100% usage.

I'm using org.conscrypt:conscrypt-openjdk-uber:2.2.1 and HttpCore 5.0 from
source at the HTTPCORE-599 fix
<https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-core/tree/44cab548cb4e15d56235aa12eaf0898d028351d0>.
I see the same behavior on macOS Mojave and Debian Jessie. I'm using
Conscrypt for ALPN on Java 8, though the minimal sample program here
doesn't enable it <https://stackoverflow.com/a/53399363/1462337>.

What I see in the debugger is that SingleCoreIOReactor.doExecute() is
repeatedly called with this line
<https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-core/blob/a652854fb5e63dd8565ed199b48557043277a30d/httpcore5/src/main/java/org/apache/hc/core5/reactor/SingleCoreIOReactor.java#L113>
 returning readyCount=1. It looks like the selector is set to
SelectionKey.OP_WRITE,

Not sure if this is a HttpCore bug or a Conscrypt bug. I looked
through the Conscrypt
issues <https://github.com/google/conscrypt/issues> but nothing caught my
attention as related.

Roy