Sorry Jesus for not getting back to you sooner. I started diving into
ORC-577, but didn't finish.

The release -1 votes aren't vetos. You just need more +1's than -1's.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Bylaws#Bylaws-Voting

That said, I'd ask for a different approach. Maybe we could pull the common
fields out to a new class and make VectorizedRowBatch and the LLAP class
inherit from it?

This patch adds a bunch of stuff into storage-api that feels like it should
be in LLAP instead of in storage-api.

.. Owen