Hey David,

On June 1, 2020 3:52:05 PM GMT+02:00, David Mollitor <dam6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Any idea how long it will take to run precomit on all existing PRs?

I'm not entirely sure, but a rough estimate could be:
* not every pr is mergeable; there are many which was already
merged/outdated/etc...lets estimate that 1/3 is mergeable
* every pr runs for at least 1 hours

this would mean 430/3*1/24 days of test execution which is at least 6 days.

I see little to no value in running tests on archaic prs.
We could also configure an automatism to close prs after some time of inactivity
https://github.com/actions/stale/blob/master/README.md
The good side of this is that it will get rid of ancient prs; however it might
seem rude to a contributor in case he is waiting for feedback or something....
Even with that argument I think we should configure it at least for a few days
to get rid of the dangling prs of almost a decade ! (pr#2 is opened in 2011)...
What do you think?

cheers,
Zoltan

--