Denys,

Sorry, time got away from us. We've got a fairly large chunk of the
implementation work done internally, but Rohan has gone back to school so
I've opened up https://github.com/apache/hive/pull/3784 which is a straight
copy + rebase + some whitespace fixes to replace the other PR, let me know
if that's not best practice here and I'll do what the right thing is.

I tried to create an Epic in the Hive Jira, but I'm not seeing the option,
I only see 4 choices for type of Issue in the Create flow.