Hello Team,

I have observed that it is a common use-case where users would like to test
out unreleased features/bug fixes either to unblock them or test out if the
bug fixes really work as intended in their environments. Today in the case
of Apache Hive, this is not very user friendly because it requires the end
user to build the binaries directly from the hive source code.

I found that Apache Spark has a very useful infrastructure [1] which
deploys nightly snapshots [2] [3] from the branch using github actions.
This is super useful for any user who wants to try out the latest and
greatest using the nightly builds.

I was wondering if we should also adopt this. We can use github actions to
upload the snapshot jars to the public repository (e.g github packages) and
schedule it as a nightly job.

[2] https://github.com/apache/spark/pkgs/container/apache-spark-ci-image
[3] https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/30623

I can take a stab at this if the community thinks that this is a nice thing
to have.

Thanks,
Vihang