-1 (binding)

Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS, java version "1.8.0_261", Apache Maven 3.6.3

* Verified signatures and checksums for src and bin packages OK
* Checked diff between release sources and git repo [1] KO (*.iml files and
empty directories present in release sources but not in git)
* Checked LICENSE, licenses.xml, licenses directory, and NOTICE file in bin
artifacts OK
* Checked LICENSE, NOTICE, README.md in src artifacts OK
* Built from release sources (mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pitests) OK
* Spot check META-INF/LICENSE, META-INF/NOTICE in some jars deployed in the
maven staging repo OK
* Package binaries from release sources (mvn install -DskipTests -Pdist) OK
* Run smoke tests by installing Hive (binaries obtained from building
sources), Hadoop (3.3.6), Tez (0.10.4) in a Docker container with
ubuntu:24.04  OK

Smoke tests (using tez engine in local mode) included:
* Derby metastore initialization using latest schema;
* Simple CREATE TABLE statements;
* Basic INSERT INTO VALUES statements;
* Basic SPJ statements;
* EXPLAIN statement variations;

The negative vote is for the spurious *.iml (IntelliJ project) files and
the empty directories present in the release sources.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] diff -qr apache-hive-4.0.1-src apache-hive-4.0.1-git-tag/ | grep -v
gitignore > hive-src-git-diff