The -1 on releases is not a veto [1]. It's up to the release manager
to take the final decision to proceed with release or not. The thread
has already 3 +1 (binding) votes so my -1 has an advisory tone.

The files that are present in the release sources are not contributed
explicitly to the project and they don't have ASF headers so from my
perspective licensing here is a bit unclear. I am not the most
knowledgeable person about the legal implications of this but if
others believe it's ok I am perfectly fine with that. I could even
change my vote if someone from the legal team confirms that it's ok to
have extra files in the sources.

If the release artifacts change then we are necessarily talking about
a new RC and thus a new vote. The tests on binaries are not something
enforced by the ASF policy so people can act as they see fit.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes