I'm +1 on doing an 0.9.0 release, but would also like to suggest that we
put together a list of 0.9.0 blockers before cutting the release branch. In
the past we have frequently underestimated the amount of work required to
get trunk into a releasable state, with the consequence that we up wasting
time doing a lot of backports from trunk to the release branch. It would be
great if we could avoid all of that this time around.

Thanks.

Carl