I don't recall the hadoop release repo restriction being a problem, but I
haven't tested it lately. See if you can just specify the release version
with -Dhadoop.version or -Dhadoop-two.version.

I would go against branch-1.0 as this will be the eminent 1.0.0 release and
had HTrace 3.1.0-incubating.

-n