On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 06:13:47PM -0700, Roy Fielding wrote:
> > AAAARGH!   The reason it wasn't committed is because the lack of -X
> > is a stupid-ass leftover from a bad decision and changing the comments
> > doesn't make any sense when we should be committing Justin's patch to
> > reinstate -X on all MPMs.
>
> I agree, but we shouldn't have incorrect comments sitting around in 5
> MPMs just because we can't all agree on how -X/-DONE_PROCESS should work.
>
> (I liked -X, btw)

I agree with Aaron on both counts.  At least we're consistent now.  If
somebody right now wants to use -X and can't figure out why it won't work,
at least they won't go to code, see the comment that -X SHOULD work, and
wonder WTF the problem is.  When the leftover is resolved, the comments
are trivial to revert to maintain that consistency.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Charlottesville, VA