On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 01:37:38PM -0600, Jerry Baker wrote:
> Thomas Eibner wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 12:22:33PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > > My point is that almost every OS comes with a copy of zlib now.  We
> > > can't expect most people to have pcre and expat, but I think we can
> > > with zlib though.  I'd rather not build zlib if we didn't need to.
> > > The exception here is probably Win32 (which is why I think you want
> > > the source).  -- justin
> >
> > How many people compile Apache on Win32 themselves anyway?
>
> Me! :-)
>
> Of course, if it's made as easy as dropping the zlib dist into /srclib
> (like OpenSSL), then it doesn't matter to me.

Okay, right after hitting send I realized that probably a few people do
this as most people want their own setup .. But again, if it's an easy
thing to do then it shouldn't cause to many problems.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>