In a message dated 01-09-08 17:43:15 EDT, Ryan wrote...

> I know that there aren't many modules for 2.0 today, but at some
> point, everybody who has a module for 1.3 will want to port it to 2.0.  I
> can currently do that in under one hour for even complex modules.
> Changing API's like this after we have had 25 releases, makes that harder.
>
>  Ryan

It's a certainty that when the general public has enough confidence
in 2.0 to start porting all the existing modules over ( mod_oas,
mod_bandwidth, mod_my_module, God all what else ) they will
do so by using the 1.x.x code and just changing as little as
possible... which traps all the other API calls in there.

It certainly would be best to be very careful about changing
any more API's at this point until 2.0 is out the door and
flying under its own power. It's almost ready.

Just an opinion.
Kevin Kiley