On Wednesday 12 September 2001 07:26 pm, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

Read it again Will.  I did NOT say that
<Directory /> is equivalent to <Location />

I said that <Directory> and <Location> are equivalent operations.

When I set the DocumentRoot to /usr/local/apache/htdocs, then every
URI that does not map to the disk can effectively be treated as residing
under /usr/local/apache/htdocs.

This way, I can set Options at root of the filesystem, and it still applies
for all the URIs.  If I do the following:

DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
<directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs>
    Options ALL
</directory>

That should be equivalent to

<Location />
    Options ALL
</Location>

by doing the DocumentRoot, I have set up a relationship between the URI /
and the directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs.  I am just asking that the relationship
be honored.

And please don't tell me I am out of my mind.  :-)

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]